What is Concurrent Clean?
Concurrent CLEAN is
a general purpose, higher order, pure and lazy
functional programming language
based on graph rewriting
designed for the development of
sequential, parallel and distributed
real world applications
What is Clean?
- CLEAN is a state-of-the-art, pure and lazy functional programming language specially designed to make the development of real world applications possible.
- CLEAN is the result of many years of research of the Nijmegen Software Technology Research Group.
- CLEAN is freely available for educational use in a non-commercial environment.
- CLEAN is a commercial product of Hilt -- High Level Software Tools B.V
What is special about Clean?
- It has by far the world's fastest compiler for a lazy functional language (typically thousands of lines per minute).
- It produces state-of-the-art native code, which is about as efficient as C code.
- It is available for many platforms (PC, Mac, SUN) and operating systems (Windows'95/NT, Linux, MacOS, Solaris).
- It is a lean and stable system that comes with a dedicated IDE.
- CLEAN is the only functional language which has a uniqueness type system. This type system makes it possible to define
- direct destructive updates of arbitrary objects (including arrays) and
- direct interfaces with the outside world.
- It has a sophisticated I/O library to specify platform independent GUI-applications using the look and feel of the platform.
- CLEAN is not an academic experiment but a full-fledged system for developing real-world applications.
Created: Dec 12, 1999.